Room of Inklings construction at Turners Landscapes in Alderley Edge, Cheshire on Wednesday 31st May 2017.
Today was the start of the construction of the ‘Room of Inklings’, which has been created by Wendy Connelly of RAW-i Studios.
At Turners Landscapes in Alderley Edge on, luckily, a fine Summer’s day, our talented landscaper Matt was busy cutting the timber while we checked out logistics for deliveries into Tatton for the build-up to the main event.
A run down from the day:
• Unusual shapes required precision measurements and angles in order to cut the timber to size;
• Template created so that each of the posts are cut correctly – particularly love the effect of the grain in the timber;
• The timber proved a challenge because it was live and moving. We did, however, achieve the authentic reclaimed look we were after, so we’re all happy;
• One of the wall panels was successfully installed in the background producing a beautiful canvas of waney and rustic wood with a ‘live’ edge.
• We still can’t quite believe that, in just two weeks, the whole structure will have been built. Finally, we’ll check that it all fits together as designed and then all that’s left to do is add the final finishing touches and voilà!
Wish us luck!